I thought I would share this recipe as my picture on Instagram was such a hit. I try and eat gluten free where possible but refuse to pay the price of gluten free wraps in the shop and I really love wraps! So thought I would give making my own a try and the great thing about this recipe is you will probably have most of the ingredients at home.
What you will need:
Ingredients (makes 4-6 small wraps):
1. 2 medium eggs
2. 1 Cauliflower or 1 pack of Cauliflower cous cous you can buy this from most supermarkets (This is best if you don’t have a blender or food processor as saves time).
3. Pinch of salt
4. Pinch of pepper
1. Greaseproof paper (foil doesn’t work I have tried it)
2. Baking tray(s)
4. Frying pan
6. Food processor or potato masher
7. Spoon for mixing
8. Mixing bowl
9. Saucepan or microwave
10. Clean cloth
11. Oven gloves
Now for the recipe:
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line your baking tray(s) with greaseproof paper
2. Chop up your Cauliflower and put it in a microwaveable mixing bowl or empty your Cauliflower cous cous straight into the bowl
3. use your blender, food processor or potato masher to make your Cauliflower into small pieces (skip this step if you have cous cous)
4. For the cous cous microwave it for about 3 mins or until soft and for standard Cauliflower microwave it for 6 minutes or until soft (depending on the power of your microwave). If you don’t have a microwave then cook it in boiling water on the hob until it goes soft.
5. You will need oven gloves or washing up gloves for this step, get your clean cloth and fill it with the drained Cauliflower and wring it out until it stops leaking water – please be careful as it will be very hot!!
6. Mix both eggs in the mixing bowl
7. Add the Cauliflower, Salt and Pepper and mix again
8. Divide the mixture into 4-6 and make circle shapes on the greaseproof paper. Try not to make them too thin or they will break (about ½ CM works well) don’t worry if they are a little runny the eggs help keep the wrap together.
9. Pop them in the oven for 10 minutes
10. Take them out the oven and use the spatula to carefully turn over the wraps
11. Pop them back in the oven for about 8 minutes
12. Remove them from oven and leave to cool for a couple of minutes
13. Heat up your frying pan (preferably non stick) – No oil needed
14. Cook each wrap in the pan until slightly browned on each side
15. Once each wrap is cooked remove from the pan and put aside to cool
16. Refrigerate once completely cooled
That’s all you need to do to make your own Cauliflower wraps yay!
I know it sounds a little complicated but it is so easy and so tasty, I don’t think the wraps really taste of much but I think that is quite nice because you can fill them with whatever you want. For lunch today I filled mine with Chorizo, Egg and avocado which was a little random but its what I had in the fridge!
Id love to know what you think of this recipe, please follow me for recipes to come and like this post if you liked it!
Thanks for reading,
Love Saff x