For any of you who follow me on instagram you will know how much I just love food, I mean I just can’t get enough of it! However with this in mind I do try to eat healthily when possible. I really love Reese’s peanut butter cups and thought that I would try and make my own ‘healthier’ version, keep reading for my recipe.
- Dark chocolate 70% cocoa or more (4 squares) – The one I have used in this example is a Sainsbury’s own brand one and it works perfectly
- Peanut butter – Whatever brand you fancy, but I would advise only to use smooth peanut butter for this recipe
- 4 Cupcake cases
Recipe (makes 4):
1. Melt 2 squares of dark chocolate in the microwave or on the hob, I use the microwave because it is easier. Be sure to check every 10-20 seconds so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
2. When melted divide evenly between the four cupcake cases, and move them around so the chocolate coats the bottom of the cases.
3. Pop in the fridge for 15 minutes, this allows the chocolate to set a little so when the peanut butter is added it doesn’t mix in with the chocolate.
4. Spoon and spread some peanut butter into each case, as shown in the picture.
5. Melt the remaining chocolate and pour this on top of the peanut butter, move the cases around so you can’t see the peanut butter any more.
6. Pop back in the fridge for 30 minutes, or the freezer for 15 if you can’t wait to eat them.
7. Remove the peanut butter cups from their cases and they are ready to eat!
Love Saff x